Armoin welcomes school groups on camping trips with exciting activities to be explored such as:
- Farm and Bush Safety: how to stay safe on the property, where to go to stay safe.
- Tent setup: the tips and tricks on putting up your overnight room for an enjoyable experience
- Nature Sleuth: part orienteering, part riddle - using mapping, landmarks and clues to hunt out checkpoints across a 50 acre section of the Armoin property.
- Basic horsemanship skills
- Campfire safety and toasting marshmallows and/or damper
- Constructing a bush shelter
- Building a water still
- Whittling (with potato peeler)
- Natural colour flag making
- Building a solar cooker
- Farm Junk Band: creating and performing rhythmic composition utilising a variety of scrap and recycled materials
- Bush walk both day and night
- Nature Playground: a dedicated area set amongst the trees for free play time
- Raft building
- Poultry keeping - meet a chicken, collect the eggs, learn some tips and tricks.
- Wildflower identification (season dependant)
- Photo scavenger hunt
- General river play
- Olive Grove - harvesting, pruning, care (season dependant)
- Night time entertainment which can include - Disco, Movie Night, Craft night, Quiz night (based on learnings from Armoin), Stargazing, Bingo, Jumbo games, Two-Up, Campfire singalong, Bush Poetry.
- Gold Mine discovery tour (additional fees apply)
- Learn to kayak (additional fees apply)
Armoin can complete a full door to door service for schools which includes all transport, food and drink, activities which have an overall workbook linking back to curriculum outcomes and camping equipment (tents and air mattresses).
2 children will be allocated a 3 man tent and 2 single mattresses. All tents are the same size/brand so that this can be used as an instructive lesson for tent construction.
Water flushing toilets with hand basin are located in the park for school children, accompanying teachers and parents.
This is an example (subject to change) of the food to be provided for a 1 night camp:
Afternoon tea – Water, tea, coffee, cordial, homemade banana or chocolate/vanilla muffin, fruit.
Dinner – Water, tea, coffee, cordial, baked potato with cheese, salt and sour cream, sausage sizzle served with salad.
After dinner snack – Water, milo, homemade Anzac or jam biscuits, fruit.
Breakfast – Water, weetbix, rice bubbles, cornflakes, toast, eggs, vegemite, jam (coffee & tea for adults).
Morning tea – Water, cordial, fruit, homemade banana or chocolate/vanilla muffin, homemade Anzac or jam biscuits.
Lunch – Water, cordial, make your own sandwich station including polony, cheese, salad, zucchini slice
Potable water is freely available at all times for children to refill their water bottles as part of these school groups.
Your hosts Sarah and Paul:
Both hold current Working with Children Check, and Apply First Aid qualifications, and are also certified in water rescue by an internationally recognised provider (PADI).
Paul holds a Bachelor of Education from Murdoch University, while Sarah holds a Bachelor in Biological Sciences minoring in Conservation and Animal Biology, also from Murdoch University.